The Proposal

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments about my big news! Stephen and I are so thrilled, and taking things slow with planning to enjoy every minute of being engaged.  We have talked about a few things, but nothing concrete at this point.  We were hoping to have set a date by now, but my brother’s football schedule for fall really messes us up, because we were previously thinking a fall wedding.
Anyways, let me just start off by saying that Stephen loves the lake.  He grew up in the house right beside of the house his family has now.  Stephen says all the time that he wants to move back up here to live and buy his old house.
So, starting at the very beginning…
I am STILL sick, so on Monday I was just tired and decided to take a nap.  Stephen woke me up at 6pm and said that he had to run to the grocery store for his mom and if afterwards we could go out for a boat ride.  I said sure, that I would go with him to the store, but I said that I had to take a shower when we got back.  He insisted all the way to the store that we just take a short boat ride when we got back.  I thought this was weird, because by the time we would have gotten back and I showered, my mom was coming in to stay the night.  But, knowing how much Stephen gets these itches to go ride this was not out of the ordinary.  Stephen flew to the grocery store, and flew back.  I thought it was strange how much of a rush he was in.  When we got back to the house, I begged Stephen to let me go take a shower, but he insisted we go on this short boat ride and that I would have plenty of time to take a shower when we got back.  So I said fine, and we walked down to the boat.  At this point in the story, it was about time for my mom to be showing up to the house and we were going out to eat as soon as she got here, so I was wondering why we were going out on the boat.  So, we get out on the boat, the sun is setting, it’s my favorite time to be out on the lake, because the water is still and it is the perfect temperature.  Stephen turned on the radio to the boat and asked me to sit in the back of the boat with him.  At this point, I was kind of putting it all together, but went along with it anyway.  We set out and talked watching the sunset, and then Stephen starting saying all the cute things, and I knew for sure what was about to happen.  We have joked that he was going to wait till October to ask me to marry him so he said, “Now you know when I eventually propose would you prefer for me to do it sitting [he was sitting beside me] or on one knee?”  I told him that I preferred him getting down on one knee, and as I said that he smoothly got down on one knee and pulled the ring box from his pocket.  Even though I had known it was coming up, I was still in shock when I saw him on one knee with my ring, asking me to marry him.  Of course, I said yes, but the first thing out of my mouth was, “Have you asked my dad?”  Stephen said that he had then slipped the ring on my finger.  We sat out and talked some more, and he had pulled up one of our favorite songs on my phone, Marry Me by Train.  It was perfect.  I wouldn’t have had it any other way. 
My dad surprised me and came up the next morning so our families could be together.  He said something that I thought was so true and I loved. He said, “I’m glad you proposed at the lake, because it is so special to you [Stephen] and now it is a special place for both of you.”
My camera cord still isn't with me, but I promise to upload a picture by tomorrow sometime! :)
Hope you all had a great weekend!