Back To School: What's in My School Bag?

Today is my official first, last day back.  I'm lucky enough this year that my classes only fall on Wednesdays and Thursdays.  I cannot believe this year is my SENIOR year, wow, have the time flown by.  While I'm in the school spirit, I thought I'd share with you something very important to a college student...

I have seen others post about what is in their school bag, and it is something that has always interested me.  I like to know what other people use, how it works for them, and if it can be useful to me.  So, without further ado....


I carry my books and notebooks along with the above items in my Vineyard Vines tote.  I also use a Large Longchamp tote in red.  Once I get bored with carrying the VV tote, I switch to my Longchamp.  Occasionally I need to carry my laptop to class, and both totes are great for those special times.
I have found that a notebook works best for me. When I was a freshmen I bought binders, tabs, etc but ended up finding that the notebook was simple, cheaper, and easier for me to use.  My advice is to find works best for you.

I also carry with me my Lilly Pulitzer Large Agenda.  This is my first year using the Lilly Pulitzer agenda, so I'm excited to see how it works out for me.  Before, I would go to Office Depot or Staples and find a cute planner.  A planner is a must-need item for a college student.  With homework, mid-terms, finals, projects, presentations, social activities, and work; this is the only way that I stay sane throughout the school year.




Just Madras
I live off campus so instead of being able to just pick up my school card and room keys, I also have to bring my license and money for food, the copier, etc.  I use my trusty Hobo wallet.  Stephen got this for me for Christmas, and I love it. If you live on campus you won't necessarily need to bring your entire wallet around with you, so I suggest something like the change purse from Just Madras.

As you can see in the picture, I have a pencil case (it's polka dotted in the picture).  In this I carry pens, pencils, highlighters, a little stapler, and paper clips.  These all come in handy, especially the little stapler.  I have had professors before that will not accept any homework or papers that aren't stapled, so this is great to have on hand in case you run out without stapling it.  My pencil case is from Gap, but you can find these all over.  Marshalls and Tj Maxx always have a wide selection of small cases.

I also keep a small hair brush with me.  I haven't complied a new "Save-the-Day" bag, but I usually always have with me a medium sized cosmetic case that is filled with little necessities. I put tampons, bandaids, Advil, compact mirror, bobby pins, hair ties, etc.  Anything that you can think of that you might need, throw it in there.  There have been so many times that I've thanked myself a thousand times for having this small bag in my tote.

I have several handheld mace dispensers that I spread throughout my bags that go to school with me.  I always have one in my purse, and also in my VV tote or Longchamp, just depending on what I use that day.  You never know when you might need to use this, so it is good to have it within reach, and know how to actually use it.

One of the last things that I carry with me is my Camelback water bottle.  It is good to stay hydrated throughout the day.  There are several healthy benefits to being hydrated, and they are suppressing your appetite, encouraging your metabolism, regulating your body systems, and giving you energy.  I also tend to carry around some small, healthy snacks that can stay fresh in my bag in case I need a little something. If you would like to spice up your water bottle, personalize it with your monogram or add stickers. 

So, I'd like to know what is in your school bag?
What is the most important item that you carry around with you [besides class necessities]?