Happy Valentine's Day

I had all intentions to blog about this awesome V-Day treat I was making but .... the entire apartment started smoking ... and they were ruined.

Let me set the scene:  Aaron walks in from the grocery store; I am reading the recipe for the icing; Winston is trying to jump on the counter; smoke is coming out of the eyes of the stove .... so there went my Valentine's treat.

But, the recipe was screwed up anyways. I will not name the recipe source but it was awful!!!!They forgot a vital step of the recipe and left out the sugar - imagine eating styrofoam. Yuck!

But, we still had an awesome weekend.

We ate here on Friday....

Went all these places Saturday...

Chastain Park

 Henri's Bakery


And ate this on Saturday night....


 Steak, Roasted Vegetables, Mushroom Risotto
Molten Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce

We also got Winsome some Valentine's goodies..


Hope you have/had an amazing day! I will leave you with my favorite lovey-dovey quote:

I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

It is from When Harry Met Sally.... like the best movie ever. If you haven't seen it, crawl out of that rock you are hiding under and go rent it, or I will let you borrow:)



Love,






P.S. I got my chocolate covered strawberries from the sweet hubby :)