Salmon with Olive Tapenade

So the snow day week really messed up my new years' diet. Sitting with nothing to do really makes you think about all that Christmas candy in the pantry.

That being said, I cooked a very light, healthy dinner tonight. We had salmon topped with an olive tapenade and balsamic tomato salad. (You can choose any fish you like for this recipe)


Olive Tapenade
  • Green olives with pimentos
  • Kalamata olives (no pit)
  • Capers
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
There aren't set measurements above because it varies on how much you want. I love olives so I made a lot.


Balsamic Tomato Salad
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • 2 tbsp capers
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
Again this depends on how much you want to make. (I know this said "salad" but in my book salad doesn't have to include lettuce. I am pretty picky on my lettuce so I left it out.)

Tada... finished product!

Love,