Sugar Plum Fairies

As a little girl, I remember going to the Nutcracker Ballet at the Davis Theatre in Montgomery. Well this big girl got an early Christmas gift when Aaron surprised me with tickets to the Atlanta Ballet's Nutcracker performance. I was so excited because told me weeks ago that he would never go!

I made us document this (my camera has not been working good lately; I am going to steal Aaron's for Christmas photos)

We loaded up on unnecessary carbs at Maggiano's for dinner followed by a trek to Midtown for the show.

 I snuck a pic at intermission


The Fox Theater was amazing. It is such a beautiful venue for concerts and cultural events. There were kids everyone, so you can imagine the commentary we had during the entire play from a 3 year old behind us. When the cast was bowing, he kept saying "Mom we have already seen this part before. Mom when do I see the Nutcracker again? Mom when is it over?"

The costumes were the best part. They were beautiful and so ornate. The perfect image of the perfect ballerina. Every little ballerina out there wanted to be the Sugar Plum Fairy at some point in their lives. 

If you didn't know, I did ballet for SEVERAL years. Now trying to recall I can't pinpoint how many years exactly but at least eight. During the first act, I truly missed pointe/ballet. I loved it and now regret stopping all those years ago. (Maybe I can swing some Pure Barre classes soon)

Here is a video for a few highlights of the show

This will definitely be an Atlanta favorite for years to come!