Exam Week Necessities

My exam week starts tomorrow and let me tell you after six other exam weeks to think back on you are quick to realize what works and what doesn't. Fortunately this year my exam week is less stressful because I am exempt from some of my exams. (Being exempt is one of my schools senior privileges and you become exempt if you have a 93 or above in the class. Unfortunately, you can not be exempt from AP classes). I exempted out of ADV Calculus and Government and I have to take AP French, AP Environmental, and AP Lit. Over time I have figured out what my exam week necessities are and I thought it could be helpful to someone so I decided to share it with you!

Exam Week Necessities

1. COFFEE: Not sure if I could get through exam week or school for that matter without it! I like to make Peppermint Mocha Starbucks Via when I need a caffeine fix.

2. Index Cards: I find index cards helpful when I need to memorize key facts. These are great for classes with lots of information. For my AP Environmental class we were given an exam review sheet so I wrote each question and the answer on flash cards and it has made memorization easier!

3. Hair Ties: This may sound silly but I have to have my hair up to study otherwise I find myself playing with it which distracts from fully focusing on studying.

4. Highlighters: A must in my mind! Highlighting key words and separating them into categories (for history for ex. people in one color, wars in another, etc.) helps you remember the color as well as the word. Especially helpful if you are a visual learner like me!

5. Pandora: I don't know what I would do without my Instrumental Holiday station. The perfect way to put you in the Christmas spirit while still staying focused!

6. Socks: Warm and Comfortable when studying! Cold feet would be a distraction so I avoid that from the get go. I advise finding a fun pair to wear so that everything involving exams are not boring!

7. Colored Pens: Similar to highlighters, while working on study guides I find it helpful to break lists and other topics into different colors. 

8. PJ Pants: Similar to 6, if I am not comfortable studying will not come as easily. Although studying on my bed would be so nice, it is not practical to getting things done. Sitting at your desk while wearing PJs, leggings, or sweatpants is the next best thing!

I hope these tips help some of you! What are your exam week necessities?

dWa