Packing Tips

I'm going to start by stating the soon to become obvious, I am not a light packer. In fact, almost every time I pack to go somewhere I end up overpacking! Granted, this is an overview of what I packed last Sunday to take with me to my grandparents house where I am staying until Saturday, so in my defense, I needed a lot of clothes! Here is an overview along with some tips and tricks!

I know, I know, that is a lot of clothes. Indeed this is true and one thing I should have done to condense the number of items I brought is to lay out outfits. By doing this you can lay out exactly what you are going to where and what pieces can be put together to create your outfit. Another advantage to this is the fact that getting your outfit ready in the morning is mindless since you already know what you are planning on wearing.

I brought:
3 sweaters
3 layering shirts
3 vests (If you couldn't guess, I really love vests)
2 button up shirts
3 pairs of jeans
2 pairs of leggings
2 pullover jackets
1 set of pajamas
3 longsleeved t-shirts
4 pairs of nike shorts and t-shirts to match
Undergarments
Bean boots
Nike frees
Moccasins
Tory Burch Flats

Fortunately I have the perfect duffle and know how to pack it! I have had the same large vera bradley duffle since seventh grade and these bags hold a ton! You would think it was magic with all of the stuff the can fit inside. When packing a duffle you have to do so strategically! I put outerwear in the bottom and tend to have two side by side stacks. I like to put all of my bulky stuff



If you have room, take a separate shoe bag! By taking a separate shoe bag you have extra room to store odds and ends that you didn't account for! This is also great for when you do some shopping, you have the perfect amount of room to store a few goodies!


I hope these help and I hope y'all have a happy black friday!
dWa