Guest Room #2: Tan, Light Blue, White... and Chevron

So i've officially decided on what I'm going to do for our 2 guest rooms in our new place when we move! 

Side note: My game plan is predicated upon the fact that we end up purchasing a 3 bedroom house rather than a 4 bedroom.  I don't know if I have the creative energy to come up with design plans for 3 extra bedrooms (lol), but we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

The other day I shared my love of the look of navy & white with you, and I've decided to go with that for one of the guest rooms.  For that guest room, we are going to use a single twin bed instead of a queen.... hopefully that will allow us the space to add a crib to the room in the future:)  My thought is that navy & white is really gender neutral, as well as classic.

For the OTHER guest room, I'm going with light blue, tan/beige, and white with touches of gold.
 I've already begun the ordering process of some of the pieces for the room (thank God for Etsy!), including some light blue chevron pillows, tan beskirt, monogrammed accent pillow, and material for the duvet cover.  I'm also lucky that my wonderful Aunt and cousin are giving me their unwanted Hollywood Regency dresser and nightstand to use..... and my amazing Godmother is painting the pieces white for me!!  I know, seriously, I have THE BEST family.

Then, this past weekend, I found this really cool light blue nightstand at the flea market and I negotiated the seller down to $70!  My game plan is to use it on the other side of the bed, for a mis-matched eclectic look.  Anyways, here's my design board so you can see more of my vision:

(PAINTED WHITE)


What do you think?  I'd appreciate any tips on great accessories.


I'm starting to love the idea of this room so much that I think I might want to sleep there instead of my own room!  My husband keeps telling me that we should just use this as our master bedroom instead, but I'm not so sure.... we need more furniture than this, we have too much stuff!!