Confession


I was reading in my new Self magazine the other day, and I ran across an article about women being people pleasers.  I'm 100% no doubt guilty of this.  It is something that I have said for so long that I would work on, but it just hasn't happened.  I can't say no, and if by some chance I do say no, because I have other things going on, I feel guilty.  If I had to name a weakness of myself, this may be #1 on my list.  I want everyone to be happy, but sometimes I feel like I don't do some things I would like to do, because I'm trying to make someone else happy. I need to realize that I cannot please everyone, and my actions should not and do not depend on others overall happiness.  Am I the only one out there that is a true people pleaser?  I plan on working on this.  I'm not really sure how, but I know that I need to learn how to say no, and not feel convicted about it.  I can't do it all, and I have to look out for myself also.  I feel like I am not as bad as I use to be, and the one thing that has helped me slightly has been to stall.  I stall if someone asks me something in person, so I have time to think about it, respond appropriately, and at least I don't have to say "no" face-to-face. 


Does anyone else struggle with this? Please tell me I'm not the only one!