Engagement Pictures

So, let me just say I'm reallllyyy excited for our engagement pictures this coming Monday.

I'm usually a predictable person.  Or at least I feel like I am.

I'm simple, don't usually step out of my little 5'1'' box.

But when Stephen and I met with our photographer he asked what ideas we had about engagement pictures.  Thanks to Pinterest I had seen some pictures done at the fair and thought it was a cute idea, but wasn't totally sold on it.  When we were talking Stephen mentioned that he was interested some in a field - barn - AKA the typical engagement shoot, at least from what I've seen.  I was totally fine with it, until our photographer mentioned the fair being in town soon and we both decided that we would do something a little different.  So we decided on the fair, but will be having some more traditional pictures done also.

Stephen and I were talking over dinner about how nervous, but excited we are about the session.

We are typically not very affectionate in front of our parents.  I think they have seen us quick kiss once or twice (and of course hold hands), and these pictures require us to be affectionate in front of the photographer and my parents are coming along for fun, along with the crowd of people at the fair.  

There just seems like there is all this pressure.  You want the pictures to turn out great.  You want your smile to hold up.  You want your outfits to look nice.  You want your hair to be perfect.  This is definitely more stressful than I ever thought it would be. haha.

Our photographer asked me to look up pictures and get ideas of what types of photos we would like taken and here are just a few pictures we found that we love!



Definitely won't be taking my ring off and putting it in an icey.





We plan on sharing cotton candy and a drink similar to this.


I can't wait to see how these turn out, and proud of myself for stepping out of my box.